About Jewel Janan
Jewel's Earlier Professional Experience:
- Play Therapy, Counselling and Art Therapy private practice.
- Working at Mercy Community Services (formerly Catherine McAuley Family Centre) in the Children’s Residential Care and Foster Care programs as part of a multi disciplinary therapeutic team. Roles included Counsellor/Play Therapist, Education Officer and Coordinator of Therapeutic Recreational Programs.
- Completion of Rebalancing Bodywork Practitioner training. In private practice working with adults who had experienced trauma, offering personal development workshops and tutoring at Curtin University.
- Working with the Department for Child Protection in the Home School Program and Early Education Program.
- Specialist teaching role with the Education Department of Western Australia, during which time Jewel received a number of awards for her innovative music specialist and social integration work with children.
Jewel has a great love of writing and is immersing in her own writing and also offers workshops including Writing from the Heart and The Healing Power of Writing through Heart and Soul Writing. For information about Heart and Soul Writing, please visit: www.heartandsoulwriting.com Jewel is also passionate about areas relating to healing and spirituality. She loves dogs and has a strong interest in the power of unconditional love and acceptance for healing, in animal assisted therapy programs and interspecies communication.
Special Thanks from Jewel:
I am deeply grateful to those special people who have supported me in my personal and professional journey in Play Therapy.
These include Dr Sally Kester, Bernice Metlitzky, Ean James, Dr Garry Landreth and Dr Bill Nordling.
You helped me have faith in myself, to help and give to others and to follow my heart's calling.
And to the many other people who have been alongside me over the years, you have been a great gift and blessing.
Thank you to you all.